Cushman & Wakefield Future Leaders Volunteer at Local Food Bank
A team of charitable Cushman & Wakefield Future Leaders (CWFL) recently rolled up their sleeves and volunteered their time at the San Franciso/Marin Food Bank to help those in need. The Food Bank regularly needs volunteers for gathering, sorting and packing food donations that are dropped off each day.
3,500 Pounds of Rice
Along with 70 other local volunteers, the CWFL team was tasked with breaking down multiple 50 pound bags of rice into separate one pound bags, re-labeling food boxes and a myriad of other tasks. Subsequently, they boxed 15 pound individual serving boxes for delivery to surrounding shelters, neighborhood pantries, homeless shelters and various other destinations throughout San Francisco.
Within a mere two hours, volunteers had processed almost 3,500 pounds of rice that will serve over 10,000 people in dire need of nutritious food.
According to Platform Manager, Amanda Murray, who has recently assumed a senior leadership position with CWFL in San Francisco: ” It’s a great feeling to begin the New Year and help out such a worthy and noble cause. Too many people take for granted that they have food each and every day. However, there are fellow human beings among us who have nothing and nobody to turn to. We are here because we care.”
The Impact the SF/Marin Food Bank Will Have in 2015
- 225,000 people will be nourished through our programs
- 47 million pounds of food will be delivered throughout San Francisco and Marin, more than half of it fresh produce direct from the farm
- 107,000 meals worth of food will be distributed each and every day
- 30,000 families will receive wholesome foods at our pantries each week
- 10,000 children will be served fresh, healthy snacks in the classroom each school day
- 450 community partners will rely on us to supply their meal and food programs
- 240 farmer’s market-style pantries will provide foods people can use to prepare healthy meals in their own homes
For more information, please contact the San Francisco/Marin Food Bank